- First Night With Google+ – fantastic insight into this new network from a man that really knows.
- Twitter Launches Twitter for Newsrooms – amazing insight into Twitter, featuring a bunch of tips and tricks for anyone (not just journos) loking to improve their tweets.
- Chris Floyd: 140 Characters – a young photographer’s work featuring a cast of characters sourced from around Twitter
- The Seven Performance Metrics that Matter Most – how to most accurately track the impact of a social campaign
- Hints & Tips – Social Media for Startups – don’t be fooled, this isn’t just for startups. Lots of goodies here.
- Eric Schmidt: Mobile Payments at Retail Set to Explode – the burgeoning world of mobile electronic wallets.
This week’s virals
This is how LEGO employees prank each other
Cat gets caught barking by a human and resumes meowing
An unusual crash for 2 motorbikes
Incredible fact of the week
“The iPhone 4 is now the most popular camera on Flickr”
Nuts. Has ousted Canon, Nikon, Sony… all others. And it was only released on June 24th, 2010
Rather than lose valuable seconds auto- (or manually) focusing before firing the shot, the Lytro captures as much info as it can through clever science stuff (and $50 million in funding) immediately and worries about focus later.
This means the final image you get can be refocused on almost any element in the picture after it has been shot.
Check out the page below for a usable demo of a picture you can refocus on the fly. Try focusing on a player by the net, then on the chain fence.
The cost of the camera (when released) is said to be similar to other consumer-priced cameras.
The rest… Continue reading
This week’s viral
Team Hot Wheels – The Yellow Driver’s World Record Jump
World First BMX Triple Backflip
This week’s viral
Chimpanzee riding on a Segway
Guarantee to annoy you all day